Category Archives: Uncategorized
So this week I had the opportunity to check out a premium Lightroom Workflow developed by SleekLens. I tested out their Strike A Pose Portrait Workflow aimed at making editing portraits faster and easier.
The package consists of whole slew of Lightroom Presets – everything from “one click and done” type presets to stackable, targeted editing presets. Also included are tons of Lightroom Brushes that further let you tweak and customize your portrait editing workflow.
While the All-in-One presets are great for inspiring new looks for your images and playing with different editing styles – some dramatic, some more subtle – for the photographer that prefers more control and gravitates toward hand editing like me, the stackable presets are the way to go. You can tweak an image step by step working within the well-defined categories of editing that coincide with the appropriate Lightroom modules. For example, “Base” presets will affect the basic setting of your image such as exposure and contrast – corresponding to the “Basic” module in Lightroom. You can then stack your presets and basically create your own recipe for your editing style.
You can then further tweak individual images with the well-thought out Lightroom brushes designed to address common needs in a portrait workflow such as skin softening, teeth whitening and so on.
To sum it up, I would highly recommend trying these presets out especially for those new to LR and presets… you’ll learn a lot about the power of LR and get inspired when editing your own images. For the seasoned pro who is already settled into their LR workflow, you might be surprised to find that many of the aspects of your workflow that you have not yet taken the time to automate, are done for you here in this workflow and are still very configurable to your tastes. And the All-in-Ones sure are fun to play with! Check out the Strike A Pose Workflow and all their PS actions for photographers.
Sample edit shown below. For this edit I used Summer Ten for toning, Color Pop for polish, and the Black Dreamy vignette. Then a tap of the Soften Skin Brush and Define Dark Hair brushes to finish.
Check out these presets and more HERE
Wow it’s November! This year is flying by… almost the way 5 years have flown by for me since officially launching September Blue Photography back in October of 2008! To celebrate, I’ve decided to give away by giving back some of the photography love my clients and fans have all shared with me. I know that most of my clients and followers are lovers of photography like me so I’m giving away a One-on-One Photography Class with me! You’ll come to my studio in Massapequa and/or we can go outdoors and I’ll give you the basics of digital photography, portrait photography, and even a little bit of post processing tidbits. Bring your camera – whether it’s a DSLR or a point and shoot and I’ll show you how to make the most of what you’ve got! All levels of photography lovers are welcome to enter as I will customize the class to you. PLUS… you get to take home my Clean Post Processing Photoshop Action Set for you to play with at home on your own pictures! Just follow the instructions below to enter – giveaway ends Saturday 11/9 at midnight.
I leave you with a shot of my three little troublemakers…I took them out the other day to attempt our holiday card pictures. Sigh. Shenanigans. This is what I got.
Fall/Holiday Session specials are back this year! Here are the details:
- Session includes your immediate family (mom/dad/siblings)
- I recommend one outfit change per child maximum
- Outdoor locations will be carefully chosen by me to showcase beautiful rich fall colors and ideal lighting conditions
- Within 3 weeks of your session, you will be shown at least 10 professionally edited proofs in your online viewing gallery. If your gallery includes more than 10 images, you will choose your favorite 10 images. You will have the option to purchase the entire gallery for an additional $200.
- Files will be delivered via digital download only (no CD or USB drives) and will be available for download within 2 business days of placing your order
- This special does not apply to newborn sessions and it is recommended that babies be 6 months or older; cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
- Due to the custom nature of photography products, all sales are final
- If weather prohibits our session, we will reschedule. Rain dates have been blocked out but must take place by Nov 8 2013.
- Please send email to email@example.com to book your session
- Session slots will be booked first come, first served based on when retainer is paid; all sessions slots are October weekdays.
Of course they didn’t let me off the hook that easily and I have to admit, I was a *little* intrigued by the pink thing.
So, I touched it.
Um, hello – Mommy? There’s ickiness on my fingers. You might want to come over here and handle this.
Ok…I see how it is. Well, maybe I can just wipe it off right…there. Ugh.
Do you see this? It’s on my leg. This is somehow acceptable to you?
Maybe I can just…uh…kick it away…
Ok now it’s ALL OVER ME. Omg! Get me outta here! Waaaahhh!
Wait a minute…I got some in my mouth…hmm, this stuff tastes kinda good! You might be onto something with eating this, Mommy…but… I have to say…
Ok, I can’t believe that you are just going sit there clicking that clicky thing while all this is going on here. Not cool. I am done.
Where’s that exit again?